From a mediumship perspective, here are some things I’m thankful for on Thanksgiving:
1. The presence of God in my life. That presence that lets me know that life is a forward and uplifting progression towards goodness and spirituality, even when it does not feel that way in a particular moment.
2. The Very Important People (VIPs) in my life. My wife, children, parents, family, friends. Strictly speaking, they are largely unrelated to mediumship, but nonetheless, they are very important. Experiences with them through time have taught me valuable lessons about life, love, and spirituality, which are important ingredients in mediumship.
3. Assistance from my spirit folks. They have provided guidance, assurance, and the butt-kicking (when necessary) to help me progress in life.
4. Communication with my spirit folks. We work together to communicate better and better through mediumship. I am thankful that they listen to what I have to say, and are willing to work with me.
5. The trust that I’ve developed with my spirit folks. Building trust involves a lot of work, patience, and desire. It requires a lot of investment from their side. And it’s a choice on their part, not a given. I am grateful that were willing, and appreciate the positive effects of it that show up in my mediumship and in my life.
6. The good works that I’ve been involved with via mediumship. Healing. Message work. Readings. Writing. Channeling. Spirit removal (Ghostbusting). Guiding and teaching others. All of these are rooted in goodness, are satisfying to be involved in, and are tightly integrated with the spirits – both my folks and others.
7. My dreamwork. My dreams are very vivid, and the spirits often use my dream time to take me places, show me things, and teach me things.
8. That I live in a country where mediumship is no longer persecuted. I am thankful that I do not live in fear of being burned at the stake.
9. That I am a medium. While one can certainly get along in life without mediumship, I wouldn’t want to. Mediumship has a mystery and beauty all its own, and I am thankful that it has a presence and a large role in my life.
10. For the people I have met and worked with along the way. I have learned so many things from my peers in classes. As time passes, some of them go different ways, and I probably won’t see them again while I’m still here on the Earth plane, but they will always have their special places in my heart.
11. For the future. Despite what people say about psychics and mediums predicting the future, the future is, by and large, unwritten. I rather like it that way. Even without knowing what will happen next, I am sure that the future will involve goodness, spirituality, and mediumship, and for this, I am thankful.